A law called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) was created in 1998 to protect certain intellectual property (IP) rights. You can read about it here.
Truth Initiative respects the IP rights of others. It expects its users to do the same when using Truth Initiative websites (the “Sites”). Truth Initiative will respond quickly when someone reports that their IP rights were violated using the Sites. Truth Initiative will take whatever action it decides is best. This may include removing content from the Sites that is noted in the report.
If you think your IP rights have been violated, please send a report to Truth Initiative's Designated Copyright Agent listed below. The report needs to include each of the things listed below.
(1) Title your report “DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement.”
(2) Identify and describe the content that you believe violates your IP rights and include the website address (URL) where this infringing content can be found on our Site(s).
(3) Identify and describe your IP that has been copied or reused. Include the website address (URL) where this material is available or a copy of it. If there is more than one item, you may provide examples of the IP you claim has been infringed.
(4) Your mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
(5) Include both of these statements in your report exactly as written:
- I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).
- I hereby state that the information in this Notice of Alleged Infringement is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
(6) Your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
(7) Deliver this Notice with all items completed to:
Truth Initiative's Designated Copyright Agent
Ms. Jewelyn Pickeral
900 G Street, NW, Fourth Floor
Washington, D.C. 20001