Quitting Tips & Techniques
Quitting tobacco can be challenging, but your EX Plan will help you face those challenges head-on with tried-and-true quit advice, tips, and techniques. Together, Mayo Clinic and BecomeAnEX have helped over a million tobacco users on their quitting journeys.
Want more personal recommendations from people who know what it's like to quit? Remember the EX Community. We're here for you 24/7.
Is today your quit day? We've got tips to get you through:
If you're feeling shaky on your quitting journey, check out these strategies to stay tobacco-free:
- Preventing a Relapse
- Talking to Family and Friends Who Use Tobacco
- Advice and Support
- Tips to Quit Smoking or Vaping During COVID-19 / Coronavirus
Staying tobacco-free can present new challenges. Explore our resources for enhancing your tobacco-free life:
- Keeping Off the Weight When Quitting
- New Tobacco-Free Ways to Relieve Stress
- Why do I feel tightness in my chest now that I've quit smoking?
- Why does my brain feel foggy after I quit smoking?
- Now that I've quit smoking, why am I more congested than I was before?
- How do I handle my smoking cravings?
- How do I get support to quit smoking cigarettes?
- What are the best tools for quitting cigarettes?